ISO 9000 Certification
The ISO 9000 certification addresses various aspects of quality management and contains some of ISO’s best known standards. The ISO 9000 standards provide guidance and tools for companies to ensure that their products and services consistently meet customer’s requirements, and that quality is consistently improved.
ISO 14001 Certification
The ISO 14001:2004 sets out the criteria for an environmental management system. ISO 14001:2004 maps the framework a company or organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system. It can be used by any organization regardless of its activity or sector. Using ISO 14001:2004 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
HACCP is a management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.
HACCP is a systematic approach to the identification, evaluation, and control of food safety hazards based on the following seven principles:
- Principle 1: Conduct a hazard analysis.
- Principle 2: Determine the critical control points (CCPs).
- Principle 3: Establish critical limits.
- Principle 4: Establish monitoring procedures.
- Principle 5: Establish corrective actions.
- Principle 6: Establish verification procedures.
- Principle 7: Establish record-keeping and documentation procedures.
Benefits of ISO or HACCP Certification
Some of the Benefits of ISO or HACCP Certification include:
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organisation
- Identifies and encourages more efficient and time saving processes
- Sets standards and goals
- Highlights deficiencies
- Reduces errors or defects
- Provides continuous assessment and improvement
- Marketing opportunities
- Better customer satisfaction
- Improved quality and service
- Delivery on time
- Fewer returned products and complaints
- Independent audit demonstrates commitment to quality
Amount of Subsidy for ISO Certification
The scheme provides reimbursement of charges for acquiring ISO-9000 or ISO-14001 or HACCP certification to the extent of 75% of expenditure subject to a maximum of Rs.75,000 for each unit.
Eligibility for Subsidy for ISO Certification
Permanent registered micro and small enterprises (MSEs) are eligible to avail the incentive scheme. The scheme is applicable to those MSEs/ancillary/SSSB units who have already acquired ISO-9000 or ISO-14001 or HACCP certification. Visit akjhaco.com to obtain MSME or SSI registration for your business. You can also learn more about Online SSI registration here.
How to Get Subsidy for ISO Certification
Those units having MSME or SSI Registration must apply to the local MSME Director for obtaining ISO Certification subsidy. The application must be submitted in the prescribed format along with a copy of MSME or SSI Registration certificate.